We accept these insurance plans and many more!
Most patients with in-network insurance pay $30 or less. Otherwise, new patient visits are $129 and follow-ups are only $69 for members.
How Does Coronavirus At-Home Testing Work?
1️⃣ Book an online appointment with one of our top physicians to request your kit. The kit will be overnight shipped via FedEx if ordered before 11 am PST on business days.
2️⃣ Once your kit arrives in the mail, follow the instructions to collect your sample and mail it back to our partner lab, Labcorp.
3️⃣ Check your patient portal for your results within 2-3 business days. Turnaround times depend on how quickly your sample arrives at the lab.
4️⃣ Your PlushCare doctor will follow up with a care plan if you test positive.
Benefits of COVID-19 At-Home Testing
✅ Convenient: No more waiting in long lines for a test. Get results from the comfort of your home.
✅ Safe: Avoid contracting or spreading COVID-19 at a testing center. At-home tests are FDA approved and when taken correctly are just as accurate as tests administered by nurses and doctors.
✅ Fast: Our doctors are available every 15 minutes and you can get your test by the next day if it’s ordered before 11am PST on business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the turnaround time for the COVID-19 at home test?
- Test results will be returned to you within 2-3 business days depending on how fast your sample arrives at the lab.
- If your results have not arrived within that time frame, please call us at 1-800-221-5140, email us at [email protected], or message our team using the in-app messenger.
What happens if my sample gets lost in the mail?
Please call us at 1-800-221-5140, email us at [email protected], or message our team using the in-app messenger so that we may get you a new test ordered at no additional charge.
How accurate is the COVID-19 at home test?
- The LabCorp COVID-19 RT-PCR test is just as accurate as a test you would receive at a doctor’s office or hospital, 92-100% accurate, according to the Emergency Use Authorization Summary (EAU).
- If you have any other questions about accuracy, please book an appointment with one of our PlushCare doctors or reach out to our Care team.
How much does it cost to get the testing done?
- Uninsured: Out of pocket appointment cost + $125 for the test
- Insured, out of network with PlushCare: Out of pocket appointment cost + testing covered through insurance (please check with your insurance to see if it is covered)
- Insured, in-network with PlushCare: Copay + testing covered through insurance (please check with your insurance to see if it is covered)
How is the COVID-19 at home test kit sent to me?
- The kit will be overnight shipped via FedEx and arrive the next day if ordered before 11:00 am PST and the following day if ordered after 11:00 am PST. Please be aware this only applies to business days.
- You will receive the test kit at the address provided in your PlushCare profile. Upon ordering the test you will receive a confirmation email from PlushCare.
Will I receive a tracking number for my COVID-19 at home test kit?
Yes, upon shipment of your order, you will receive an email with your tracking number.
What happens if my results come back positive?
- Your doctor will contact you via your patient dashboard with next steps.
- If you cannot find that information, please call us at 1-800-221-5140, email us at [email protected], or message our team using the in-app messenger.
How long after exposure should I get tested?
This can depend on various factors, you should consult with your doctor to see if testing is appropriate for you.
Is this testing authorized by the FDA?
Yes, this test is authorized by the FDA.
Does insurance cover the COVID-19 at home test?
Coverage is dependent on your specific plan, if you are unsure if your plan covers at-home testing please contact your insurer directly.
What states is the COVID-19 at home test available in?
The test is available in all 50 states.
What can I do if it looks like my COVID-19 at home test has been compromised and opened?
If you believe that your test kit has been compromised or opened, please call us at 1-800-221-5140, email us at [email protected], or message our team using the in-app messenger.
How do I administer my COVID-19 At-Home test?
- The COVID-19 at-home test is administered via a painless lower nasal swab. You will collect your sample by swabbing the inside of your nose (in the tip of the nostril, not a deep nasal swab).
- All necessary materials will be provided, including detailed instructions and all the equipment necessary to take a nasal swab, store the sample, and return via a nearby dropbox on the same day you self administer the test.
- If you have questions about how to administer the at-home test, you can call us at 1-800-221-5140, email us at [email protected], or message our team using the in-app messenger.
Due to a lack of scientific data at this time, PlushCare physicians do not prescribe ivermectin, antimalarials, or azithromycin/other antibiotics to treat COVID-19.
How it Works
Book a same day appointment from anywhere. Why wait?
Visit with a doctor on your smartphone or computer.
We can send prescriptions to any local pharmacy or by mail.
Over 550,000 patients cared for.
Crystal Lake, IL
DR. Allan Marks has helped my daughter two times and we cannot recommend them enough. My daughter has ADHD and can't wait in a waiting room forever. This was the fastest and easiest way to get my daughter diagnosed and pick up a script. One time we used this service when no other doctor was open. Plush care was available! My daughter didn't have to even leave the house in 6 degree weather (would have made her MORE SICK). She had severe sinus infection and Dr. was not only clear and nice but looked up holiday pharmacy hours ahead of time to make sure I could pick up the script in time! AWESOME! 2nd time went just as smooth. Thank you!
Wow. Wow. Wow. This is so easy and quick. I had a cold virus that turned into a sinus infection. I pulled over on my way to a meeting to video chat w a doctor. He was attentive, kind, and efficient. After a few questions, he diagnosed my ailment. The call took less than 10 mins. Prescription was at the pharmacy later that day. I will be a client for a long time. Thank you.
I never review Apps, but this has been the quickest and most convenient doctor experience(s) I’ve ever had. It cost me no more than what I would have paid to visit an office. I’ve had two appointments and one was done in the comfort of my own living room and the second on my break at work. As a full time worker, full time student, and full time mom, the convenience cannot be beat. I met with Dr. Saremi who is very personable and kind. He immediately resolved my reasons for calling during both appointments. He was competent and trustworthy and valued my time. Can’t recommend this enough.